Chapter 17-44


17-44-010    Civil action by the city to enforce compliance.

17-44-010 Civil action by the city to enforce compliance.

Whenever the assistant to the mayor or director of planning, or their designee has reasonable cause to believe that any landlord or tenant is engaged in a pattern or practice of violating the provisions of this title, or the landlord’s operating license has been suspended, the city in addition to all other remedies provided herein, may bring a civil action by filing a complaint signed by the assistant to the mayor, setting forth the facts pertaining to such cause and shall have a right to one or more of the following; a permanent or temporary injunction, restraining order, the appointment of a receiver, and damages as hereinbefore provided. Such relief may be obtained against the landlord or tenant responsible and shall be as is necessary to ensure compliance with the provisions of this title and full enjoyment of rights herein established. In the event the court finds in favor of the landlord or tenant, the court shall award the landlord or tenant his costs, plus reasonable attorney fees. Before filing a complaint in court with respect to a violations of this title, the assistant to the mayor shall notify the offending tenant, landlord, operating licensee or other party designated to receive notices and service of process on behalf of such landlord or licensee requesting compliance. (Ord. 3122 § 1 (part), 2004)