It shall be unlawful for any person granted a temporary permit by the State of Kansas to sell or serve any alcoholic liquor within the city without first obtaining a local temporary permit from the city clerk. (Ord. 789, Sec. 1; Code 2004)

3-702. PERMIT FEE.

(a)    There is hereby levied a temporary permit fee in the amount of $150 per day on each group or individual holding a temporary permit issued by the state director of alcoholic beverage control authorizing sales within the city, which fee shall be paid before the event is begun under the state permit.

(b)    Every temporary permit holder shall cause the temporary permit receipt to be placed in plain view on any premises within the city where the holder of the temporary permit is serving or mixing alcoholic liquor for consumption on the premises.

(Ord. 789, Sec. 2; Code 2004)


(a)    It shall be unlawful for any person to conduct an event under a state issued temporary permit without first applying for a local temporary permit at least seven days before the event. Written application for the local temporary permit shall be made to the city clerk and shall clearly state:

(1)    the name of the applicant;

(2)    the group for which the event is planned;

(3)    the location of the event;

(4)    the date and time of the event;

(5)    any anticipated need for police, fire or other municipal services.

(b)    Upon presentation of a state temporary permit, payment of the city's temporary permit fee and a written application as provided for in subsection (a), the city clerk shall issue a local temporary permit to the applicant if there are no conflicts with any zoning or other ordinances of the city.

(c)    The city clerk shall notify the chief of police whenever a temporary permit has been issued and forward a copy of the permit and application to the chief of police.

(Ord. 789, Sec. 3; Code 2004)


(a)    No temporary permit holder shall allow the serving, mixing or consumption of alcoholic liquor between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:59 a.m. at any event for which a temporary permit has been issued.

(b)    No alcoholic beverages shall be given, sold or traded to any person under 21 years of age.

(Ord. 789, Sec. 4; Code 2004)