Chapter 17.65


17.65.010    Required for construction, excavation.

17.65.020    Required for moving.

17.65.030    Void when.

17.65.040    Record required.

17.65.050    Certificate of occupancy required.

17.65.010 Required for construction, excavation.

No building shall be hereafter erected or structurally altered, nor shall any excavation for the erection or structural alteration of any building be commenced until a building permit for such work has been issued. Each application for a building permit shall be made by the owner or his agent in writing and shall contain a statement as to the kind of structure the applicant proposes to erect or alter, the use for which it is intended, the material to be used, the description of the property, the estimated cost and such other information as may be necessary. All applications for building permits shall be accompanied by a plat drawn to scale, showing the actual dimensions of the lot to be built upon, the size, use and location of existing buildings and buildings to be erected.

Complete plans and specifications shall be submitted when the character and/or magnitude of the proposed construction render the same necessary to a complete and intelligent interpretation of and compliance with the provisions of this title. The permit issued shall include excavation, construction, wiring, plumbing, heating, ventilation, painting, roofing, or any other contracts that may or may not have been awarded separately for the complete construction of the building. (Ord. 948 § 2 (part), 1995).

17.65.020 Required for moving.

No building shall hereafter be moved into the corporate limits or from one location to another within the corporate limits of the city without securing a building permit. A dwelling moved into the city shall be treated as a modular home and meet all applicable building code standards. (Ord. 948 § 2 (part), 1995).

17.65.030 Void when.

Building permits shall be void if construction authorized thereunder fails to commence within six months from the date of issuance. (Ord. 948 § 2 (part), 1995).

17.65.040 Record required.

A careful record of such applications and permits shall be kept in the office of the building inspector or other proper enforcement official. (Ord. 948 § 2 (part), 1995).

17.65.050 Certificate of occupancy required.

(a)    A certificate of occupancy shall be required before occupancy and use of any building within the city whether the U.B.C. requires such a certificate or not. Such certificate may be issued as an actual certificate or may be deemed issued by an appropriate notation in the records of the building official.

(b)    Any building which is occupied without being issued a certificate of occupancy in either of the manners listed in subsection (a) of this section, shall not be permitted to receive city services. The water service shall be terminated. If an occupancy or use continues after termination of the water service, the public works director may terminate the sewer service of the structure by physically disconnecting the lateral from the sewer main. Any costs to reestablish water or sewer service to the building shall be the responsibility of the property owner.

(c)    The city shall provide notice, oral or written, to any tenant or if there is no tenant an attempt shall be made to provide notice, oral or written, to the owner prior to the termination of water service. Any person who wishes to contest this termination of utility services may appeal to the city clerk under the same procedures as are used to contest the validity of a utility billing. (Ord. 948 § 2 (part), 1995).